Back to the "Mariners
For Sale" Page
"Champagne" John Seyna > firstname.lastname@example.org
1968 Mariner 31, Prototype-Hull#4_
– 18,000 lbs
– Albin AD-2 diesel, 21hp
Champagne was built by
Far East Yachts in Japan in 1968 as one of several pre-fiberglass prototypes
based on the modified Herreschoff H28. After completion, she was shipped to
California where she spent time in Rancho Santa Fe, until the 1980’s, when she ended up on Lake Erie. She cruised
those waters until 2007 when moved to Sodus Bay on Lake Ontario. Extensive
cruising around the Lake continued until 2016, when she made her way down to
the York river on the Chesapeake Bay. The last two years she has traveled up
and down the Bay and as far south as Roanoke Island, N.C. She is ketch rigged
and has a full keel, the hull is inch
thick mahogany on white oak frames. Her deck is teak, and cabin sides mahogany.
The cockpit sides, grates , and toe rails are solid teak.
AD-2 diesel engine, 21hp. Original
engine, approx. 2000 hrs. Excellent condition, burns no oil.
New 26gal poly
fuel tank and hoses
New 20 gal
poly holding tank with all new sanitary hoses
stainless steel water tank with fresh water pump and faucets
Marine Air Air
conditioner / Heat , 12,000 BTU
bilge pump system, 1100gpm, 3600gpm backup
- 30A 120V Shore power Marinco connector in
Cockpit and cabin side.
- LED lighting including spreader lights
- Cast Iron keel
- Two burner propane range in galley
- Toshiba 21” flat screen TV
- Dual 12V battery system with three battery
switches (1, 2 or 1and 2).
- Trucharge battery charger with West combiner
- 120V Main breaker panel
- Steering – mechanical tiller
- Anchors – Fortress FX-16, Danforth 22S spare
- Lowrance 7” Chartplotter, Humminbird
- VHF radio,
- Main, mizzen sails, with 140% Genoa Harken
furler, spare jib unused.
- Original spruce masts with spreaders.